22 May 2013

A Cry for Help

It's been two weeks since my last post . . . not because I lack content, but rather it's a time issue.  My Honey-Do lists are quite long . . . and considering the absence of a 'honey', I'm on my own in getting it all done.

Unfortunately there's only so many hours in the day, and when it's a blistering high of 111F/44C, it's hard to be motivated for anything other than napping.


Today my To-Do list looked like this:

  • Translate WC Distribution Protocol into French
  • Write exam in French for B. on the anatomy of the lower leg from the knee down
  • Make handout in French for B. on all the special tests for evaluating the ankle and knee
  • Finish reading Hausa grammar book
  • Finish making Hausa grammar charts
  • Retype PeaceCorps Hausa Training Manual with errors corrected
  • Make flexible ice packs
  • e-BB re borrowing a skeleton for the summer
  • Siesta
It's 9:48pm and I've only checked off the second and last ones. 

B. is a great assistant.  He learns well and is able to be independent with what he already knows.  Unfortunately, he's hungry for more . . . and with time divided between working and teaching prep, language learning and living, we've run out of hours in the day.  

James 4:2 tells us clearly that we don't have because we don't ask . . . so, instead of asking for a bit more time on the clock, I'd prefer to ask for some extra hands.

As they say, many hands makes light work!  So here's my official cry for help!

We are desperately in need of a Physical Therapist to work in our little rehab department.  The people of Niger NEED YOU!

If you are a PT, will you please consider serving with us.  If you know a PT, this is your chance to tell them about the way we change lives in Galmi. 

Now, I believe that God uses EVERYONE, especially those society deems to be worth less than the rest of us . . . however, this is a time when qualification is necessary . . . we need plumbers at Galmi Hospital, just not in the Operating Room.  Each person has gifts and skills that are used to help show God's love to the world . . . but today, I'm asking for a Physio . . . or two. 

For my fellow Occupational Therapy Wonder-People, we might end up stepping on each other, but there's another great SIM hospital about four hours up the road that would love to have an OT presence.  Speech and Language Pathologists, I'd recommend brushing up on your Hausa before applying or you might get super frustrated.  PT and OT students are always up for consideration as well!

Please come!! 

We're not asking you to sign your life away . . . just a few weeks, or months or even a year or two.  Who knows, you might actually like it and not want to leave.

If you're interested, just leave a comment . . . your email address will not be public, but I will have access to it . . . I'll be in touch within a few days. 

Think about it.  Pray about it.  And give us a chance!  

(We're also actively seeking a primary (elementary) school teacher, a construction manager to oversee the hospital renovation project, nurses who can help teach and train, an ESL teacher, a prosthetist, and so many more!)

7 comments:

Barb said...

So, how much training/schooling would I need to come to G and work with you?!

Chrissy said...

Praying! Love you!

Leah said...

Sent to PT friend.

Jodi said...

I'm intrigued with this opportunity, but I definitely have some questions. Feel free to email me at jodilmchenry@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Shared on Facebook and with my PT/OT friends. Praying you get the help you need quickly!

Katie said...

I'd love to come - pray for God to make it clear to me and my husband and for Him to overcome all obstacles!

Ashton said...

Hi Deborah. I sent you an email a few weeks ago, and since I'm not sure if its the right email address, I just wanted to follow up with you about it. I am a 2nd year PT student and I am willing to come serve any way I can over my christmas break. Just let me know if you could find a use for me! Thanks!