11 August 2012

Portraits: From the Attic

India
A dear friend of the family came over this afternoon to revisit her childhood via my mom's old Ginny dolls.  Tucked away in an old cardboard box in the attic, the memories filled the room as we unpacked the antiques.

This of course led me to the boxes I had stashed when I packed up my apartment back in 2007.  I rediscovered my collection of old cameras, a few favorite sweaters, and a series of 20 or so prints of mine that had once graced my walls, gallery-style.

The prints were mainly portraits, taken on my travels during my previous life . . . the one I lived before I ever knew Niger held a spot on the map.

Sliding those large frames from their hiding place, I traveled through space and time, recalling in my mind's eye the moment each shot was taken.  Where I was . . . how I felt . . . the surrounding context that didn't make the cut.


***PHOTOS ARE NOT TO BE USED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT***


Peru

India

South Africa

India

South Africa

Colombia

India

India

Australia

Niger

South Africa

Niger

Peru

India

Portugal

Portugal

India

India

Niger


India

India

India

South Africa

India

India

South Africa

South Africa

China

2 comments:

dbhilstad said...

Deborah, thank you for sharing your heart via your art. I love your 'eye' . As I look I wonder what they see looking back... such depth.

Amanda Hunt said...

I love these! Love the faces and smiles! Thanks for sharing.