18 July 2012

HELP!

I know it's been nearly two weeks since I've posted . . . I'm in the US and I'm still processing (that and since leaving Africa, my daily life doesn't seem interesting enough to hold my own attention, let alone all of yours!).

But, today, I need your help.

I need you to log into your facebook account, visit ReachOut (here's the link again, if you missed it), click the 'LIKE' button at the top, then click on the box that's labeled 'VOTE FOR PROJECTS'.  This will bring you to another page where you can choose from one of nine projects going on around the world.  The one with the most votes will receive $4000 (Australian) for the project.  Considering we need $250,000 for the new PT Department at Galmi, this will give us a GREAT head start.


A few weeks ago I received an email from a woman who works in the SIMAustralia office.  She had visited us briefly in Galmi, and has been a huge advocate for our little department ever since.  She pulled together entry to this contest, and now the rest is up to us  (THANKS G!!).

The hard part is, the other projects are just as important . . . just as exciting . . . just as vote-worthy.  So, I totally understand if your vote swings another way (and my mom is going to vote, so I know we'll at least get on the board!).

Thank you, in advance, for your support and interest . . . now, GO VOTE!

7 comments:

Amanda Hunt said...

I voted and shared. I work in the SIM office (Australia) half a day a week opposite Glenyss and she mentioned this to me the other week. Glad to see it and I hope you win!

Deb. said...

Thanks Amanda! For your vote and your ongoing support of our work in Galmi!

Jennifer Austin said...

Um, I tried to vote for you. But I'm apparently dumb and managed to check the box BELOW your info. (Yes, it's only 10 am, but can I go back to bed now???) Sorry!!

Deb. said...

No worries!! Who ever it was deserves votes too! :) But thanks for your support anyway!

Megan S. said...

Voted! Shared it! GO GALMI!

Deb. said...

You can always sign up, vote, then delete your account!

dbhilstad said...

Done and done.... praying my friends will start a chain reaction and vote and share too.