22 February 2012

And the Award Goes To

Last week . . . or maybe it was the week before . . . could have even been last month, now that I think about it . . . my old friend from high school, RV., passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to me!


Here's how the award works: 
1) Thank the award-giver and link them back in your post.
2) Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
3) Give this award to up to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
4) Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.

So THANK YOU, RV!


Um, about me . . . seven things . . . I think this is a little silly, but hey, what the heck!

  1. I love flamingoes.
  2. I really like egg white omelets with cheese and mushrooms.
  3. When I grow up, I want to run a bed and breakfast over looking the Mediterranean.
  4. I have a very low tolerance for anything sour.
  5. The Rene Magritte Museum makes going to Brussels worth it.
  6. I miss LOST.
  7. I only paint my toe nails deep red.
Okay, enough about me . . . on to the new winners!!

Since there are just too many great blogs to choose from, I've decided to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to some of my neighbors in Galmi.  If you haven't yet discovered them, I HIGHLY suggest clicking on the links and meeting a few of my teammates.

And here they are, in no specific order:

No Zebras Here is home to my partner in crime, Cool-J.  And while she's currently fleeing her real calling of becoming an OT . . . but like Jonah and Whale, I know she will come around.

The Kubacz Connection written by the Drs. K., who are here for a few months, tells their side of the Galmi story.  

Sweet Savorings is the blog of another visiting doc and his family who are with us for a few months.  

Desert Gills is the full-of-daily-life-and-photos blog of one of our longer-term families.

A Year in Niger P&R are in Niger for a year . . . yeah, you could have guessed that yourself.  They like to post pictures and link back to yours truly (thanks for that!).  They have fun accents and, like all our other STA's, we're glad they're here.

Our New Story is written by P&B who retired from teaching but decided they weren't really done.  So they've come to Galmi . . . first for a school year, but they just couldn't say goodbye yet.

Desert Talk is the online home of Alheri the Great and her Hubby.  Our team wouldn't function without their vital roles.

6 comments:

Shal said...

Can't wait to check out the other blogs! And as for fun fact #7 - I am the same way, with the occasional harmless flirtation with a french tip. ;)

RebeccaV said...

Yay - I knew you'd have some good blogs to share, and I love the international reads!

Chcpe said...

I too like to paint my toenails red...oh wait that might be too much information.

Deb. said...

I really need to venture out and try the french pedicure! Since we know how much j'adore all things French! (and as far as the other blogs, I lied about 'no particular order' Cool-J's blog is listed first for a reason!!)

Deb. said...

You think their blogs are great . . . you should get to work with them!! Some AMAZING people behind those words!

Deb. said...

I've always suspected that, you know! :)