But you know what bothered me: I considered just going to sleep anyway.
WHAT?!?!? I KNOW!!! RIGHT!!!! GROSS!!!!
But it's true!! I almost didn't get up! I was tired . . . I wanted to sleep . . . and dirty feet are just a normal part of life here.
Oh, not to worry . . . I did get up . . . and my feet are clean . . . now.
But it made me start to think about what other things have slowly creeped into my 'normal' box . . . and my brian wouldn't turn off, so I decided to write about it.
- The ceiling fan in my bedroom no longer sounds like the TGV is running through my house.
- Sweaty is the new black . . . and boy do I wear it well!
- I kill bugs with my bare hands (but only the non-squishy kind).
- Cheese is no longer a part of everyday life (sad, but true).
- Rainy days are to be celebrated.
- Plaster and wooden crutches are my new best friends.
- There can never be too many onions.
- My world is 12km in diameter.
- Car accidents < donkey cart crashes.
- With enough sugar, Nescafé can be swallowed.
- OralRehydrationSolution is one of the five major food groups.
- Snake and Camel Bites are OT-worthy diagnoses.
- Language is helpful, but not always necessary.
- There really can be too much 'summer'.
- 'Going out to eat' means attending a Saturday morning Baby Naming Ceremony