24 September 2011

For Your Birthday

Okay, not really, but I did find a gray
 hair in my eyebrow they other day!
Today is a very special day.  My dearest, closest friend joins the rest of us in the ranks of thirty.  So, if you don't mind, this one's for her.

I can't begin to tell you how much your friendship means to me.  You are my favorite.  And I appreciate you.  You are a very treasured gift.


And you know what sucks even more than being 30?  The mass quantity of miles between where you are and where I am.

What I wouldn't give to be there celebrating with you.  I'd take you someplace neither of us has been and we would spend the day exploring.  And then I'd make salmon for dinner.

Hey . . . remember that time that were we camping and that fox showed up?  Or when we climbed into that fishing boat and there was already a MAMMOTH swimming beast at the bottom?  Or when it took us over an hour to find the place that had our pizza?  And those lazy hours hanging in hammocks?  And that creepy guy at the hostel?

Our adventures are the ones they base movies on . . . just not the kind that make me fall asleep in the first ten minutes.  I'd be played by JuliaRoberts, and you by AngelinaJolie.  And it would win an Oscar . . . even if it was only for Best Original Screenplay in a Based-on-Real-Life Film

You are my sister.  And I love you.  I am so blessed to know you.  I am proud of who you have become.  Thank you for being you.  Thank you for being my friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Bobnrobn said...

Well, Happy 30th birthday whoever you are! 

your sis ;o) said...

Wow, I kind of feel embarrassed but I feel very honored by your post. It's very special of you to have done that and it means a lot.
THANK YOU !!! 
I love you my dear sister.