04 August 2011

Fan Mail

I try not to check my mailbox too often . . . cause it's usually empty.

But the mail came while I was in Niamey.  And this time my box was full.  There were miscellaneous items from the SIM office . . . a postcard from my mom (thanks mom!) . . . and then there was a half-size manilla envelope with my name and address on it.  I didn't know the return address, but I confess I got a little excited when I saw the customs sticker on the bottom left corner.

Inside was a tube of chapstick and a letter . . . from someone I don't know . . . but who reads my blog.

Anyway, I figured if A. was willing to go to the trouble of sending Burt's Beeswax to a stranger in the desert, she's well worth a shout-out.  

So, A., THANK YOU!  Thank you for reading.  Thank you for your interest in Galmi.  Thank you for writing.  God bless!

1 comment:

Jenn DeAtley said...

How cool. I love Burt's Beeswax chapstick.