17 August 2011

The Answer is Still No

So last week I practically had to push a guy out of my office . . . he just didn't want to leave.  While I wish I could say it was because he loved therapeutic exercise and functional activity, unfortunately the real reason was that he wouldn't take 'over my dead body' for an answer.  I think I need to sew patches on my scrub tops that say 'I Won't Be Your Next Urwagida (wife), So Don't Bother Asking!'

The whole story will have to wait for another day . . . but the best part of it happened about three months ago.
At our second appointment, this gentleman informed me that he was currently taking applications for a new wife as the one he already had wasn't 'obedient enough' and I would make a good choice for the new opening.

While those of you who know me personally are recovering from your sudden fit of uncontrollable laughter at that prospect; I will simply say to the rest of you, I have no idea what gave him the impression that I would be an upgrade from his current model . . . if only he knew!

4 comments:

Ginny Johnson said...

Oh, Deb. Oh, Deb. You have such a  way of telling a story. That is so funny. The patches sound like a good idea! Still laughing...sorry...LOL...

Deb. said...

Laugh away, Ginny!! Everyone else is! :)

Shal said...

Haha!!!! So funny, Deb! I really did have that sudden fit of laughter! At least you can't say your life is dull...

Megan S. said...

Wow. He knows nothing about American women does he? It's not just you. I don't know one woman who would be 'obedient enough'!