02 July 2011

A Fun Way to Stay Connected

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I LOVE SKYPE!


And they say it's impossible to be in two places at the
same time!
I just got disconnected from a call to my home church in Mt. Laurel, NJ.  Tonight was the 'closing ceremonies' for this years VBS.  I found out last week that they had chosen me as their M of choice for the week, so all money they collected would go towards our up and coming prosthetics clinic (and those incredible kiddos raised over $2,000 . . . in pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters!).

It was incredible to be able to 'be there' for the announcement of how much they had raised, and be able to say hi via video skype (which we can only use here after 11pm, our time).

So, FBC family, THANK YOU!  I love you and miss you and am thankful beyond words to be a part of your community . . . even from the southern edge of the Sahara.
It's hard to see in this screen shot, but there's two girls on
the stage holding up an ENORMOUS card that the
kiddos made for me!

2 comments:

Deb. said...

It's been so great to hear (from many of you) that the kiddos enjoyed the skype call as much as I did!  

Here's what a few had to say:
'R. was beyond excited!'
'C. was so glad we were able to see you!'
'A. kept saying "She's really cute" and he told me that he loves you.'

Shal said...

Yay, what a great group of kids!!