20 April 2011

Because it Doesn't Make Sense

The past few days have been rough ones.  I have several patients with severe burns and intense injuries.  The hallways are full of overflow mattresses crowded with sick babies clinging to life.

The suffering is everywhere.  And it's immense.

Most days it doesn't make any sense . . . and some, like the past few, make even less than most.


Who have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth I desire, but You.
My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart.  And my portion
forever.
Psalm 73:25 & 26

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him.'
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him,
to the one who seeks Him;
it is good to wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:22-26 

4 comments:

Smoothkerr said...

Continue to remember Christ has no limitations. Continue to let Him work through you! Praying for you and those who are hurting! I also pray you continue to find rest in Him.

Bethany Reamer said...

amazing how those words become more than words. love you, my friend. praying for you too!

SM said...

Praying for you and those who are suffering there! I vividly remember particular patients I treated with terrible burns, how it was so emotionally taxing and draining...I can't imagine what it is like where you are now. Be encouraged! II Cor. 12:9-10 - His grace is sufficient! Sending you a hug along with my prayers. SM

robin said...

God is faithful to move in His time and in His way. Trust in Him even when there is no hope. For he is Your Hope and he is true to His promises. I will pray for God's mercy on you and on those in Your path.