20 March 2011

Mecredi Sans Mots . . . a Little Early

I will be out of town this coming week and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one awake on the compound, which means the internet is functional . . . so I want to take advantage of the bandwidth and upload as many photos as possible.

So, here's Wordless Wednesday on Saturday night (or technically, early Sunday morning).


These are all shots in the village of Galmi on my way to and from the Biki (the naming ceremony).

The winding streets of Galmi

A make-shift taxi 

A little boy leads his ox-cart

Women heading home after the ceremony

Some of our transportation options

I loved this shot of the two old guys,
they were just wandering down the
street

Galmi's version of Wawa

One of several gas stations in town

A little guy hanging outside his
compound walls
Another kid with his donkey cart

2 comments:

Phil said...

These are also beautiful shots. What a different world it is over there. Wow. It's humbling to think about how spoiled we are here.

Phil said...

These are also beautiful shots. What a different world it is over there. Wow. It's humbling to think about how spoiled we are here.