07 January 2011

Where's Waldo?

I admit . . . that's how I'm feeling!

I left France 10 days ago and flew to England . . . then to Miami, Fl.  Spent the night in a hotel and drove 5 hours the next morning to my parents'.  After a whirl-wind day of shopping for a 2 1/2 year supply of conditioner, deodorant, and brown sugar I unpacked and repacked, and my mom and I made a 5 hour round-trip drive to drop off a few more boxes for the SIM Niger container (they tell me it saves on excess baggage on the airplane).  New Year's Eve was our least chaotic day . . . but that was short lived when my mom and I left bright and early on 1 January, hitting the road for a 9 1/2 hour drive to Raleigh, NC where we had a lovely Indian dinner and round of Settlers with my dear FrannyScon and her peeps.


Another 7 1/2 hours on the highway and we arrived (enfin) in Mt. Laurel, NJ--my headquarters for the next three weeks.  Much of the following day (3 Jan) was spent in Philadelphia at a very important appointment, and on the 4th we were back in the car bound for 3 locations in PA: Lancaster, Dillsburg, and Media.  It was a day blessed with lots of laughter and reconnecting with ministry partners, who also happen to fall into that 'friends that should be family' category.

I was able to spend most of yesterday with my mom, who (sadly) hit the road again today to return to her home.  Momma, you are already greatly missed.

And while she headed south, I made my way north-west back into PA for a dentist appointment and coffee with a dear old friend.

Tomorrow is Delaware and South Jersey . . . .

So, if you come across that silly looking guy in the red-and-white striped shirt wearing a pair of thick HarryPotter glasses, be sure to say hello--it just might be me!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

can't wait to see you... even if i have to wait til saturday ;)
ps-- i didn't get to e-mail you back. YES, i can drive on sat.

David and Katie said...

Hope you have time to grab one last Wawa hoagie!

David and Katie said...

Hope you have time to grab one last Wawa hoagie!

Bethany said...

can't wait to see you... even if i have to wait til saturday ;)
ps-- i didn't get to e-mail you back. YES, i can drive on sat.