14 April 2010

My Momma's Here!

My mom is here for a two week visit.  We have our spring vacances starting Friday afternoon, so she came for a time of rest from some stress chez elle.  Two good friends were heading back to the states this morning for the break, so they offered me a lift to Charles De Gaulle (a third friend was dropping them off).

In the car on the way home, my mom produced the first gift from home.  She was so proud of this gift and knew it was something I love very much.  Her face beamed with joy as she produced it from her suitcase: a very large jar of NUTELLA!!  Now I love nutella!

But . . .

In the US peanut butter has it's very own aisle.  In France, that place is reserved for nutella.  Ginormous jars in every size down to single servings! (typically for less than we pay in the US . . . even with the conversion rate)

I have assured her that it was a very thoughtful gift . . . just one that will bring much more joy once I'm in Niger!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy yo' momma! =) tell her i said hi.
love, bethany

Robin said...

Yo' Bethany! Momma says 'Hi' back! Got to see the Nutella aisle! xoxoxo

Candace said...

that is so funny! & tell robin i said hello!!! & i haven't forgotten about your care package - i'm making some things for you & it's taking a smidge longer than i anticipated! have a great visit with your mom!!

Robin said...

Yo' Bethany! Momma says 'Hi' back! Got to see the Nutella aisle! xoxoxo