10 February 2010

Ask Me ANYTHING.

So I've added this cool little widget to the blog that allows you, the reader, to type in questions (anonymously) that I can answer and post back on the blog.  On the left hand panel, beneath my picture and profile and the link to SIM.org is a little box that says "Ask Me Anything." Simply type in your question and hit send.  I then receive an email with the question and am given the opportunity to reply (and I reserve the right to not answer as well . . . I can still plead the fifth even if I'm in France).

Here are some I've received so far (and feel free to keep them coming!): 


Questions Answered




If you could change one thing that happened last year what would it be?

Hmm . . . this is tough . . . most of the things I'm thinking about didn't happen last year . . . like that time when . . . or that other time . . . and the Yankee's did win the World Series, so that can stay; and I did move to France, so that stays; and I did sell my car, PTL!; and I got to visit Italy, Germany, and Belgium . . . yeah, last year was a good year! Maybe I got a speeding ticket at some point . . . yeah, surely I got a ticket. Okay, that's it. That's what I'd change.  

If you could master one skill what would it be?

Speaking French! Okay, well that's a given . . . so maybe I'll go with a mechanical skill like being able to look under the hood of a car and fix and know what things do . . . or maybe something manual like being able to hit a nail with a hammer instead of my thumb . . . or fencing . . . that could be REALLY useful in Niger!!  

What are you most excited about right now?

My new Clinical Orthopedics Anatomy book EN FRANÇAIS and full of Dr. Netter's amazing artwork!  

Who's your favorite celebrity?

Mother Theresa.

Granted she's no Hollywood celebrity, but most of them aren't worth talking about. She was a woman of great faith and conviction. She considered doing what was right in the eyes of God far more important that anything done for self gain. She generously bestowed grace and love on everyone she met. She left the responsibility of judgement up to God, and she was never hesitant to embrace a leper.

We have a lot to learn from her example.  

If you won a $1,000 shopping spree for any store, which store would you pick?

Hands down, LLBean . . . and I'd buy a tent.  

If you could ask God one question what would it be?

Why?

No comments: