20 October 2009

Wordless Wednesday (Mecredi Sans Mots)

Okay, so it's not Wednesday yet, but it's mid-term week and I'm tired of reviewing le futur proche and le passé composé and la liaison and beaucoup vocabulaire.  But nothing exciting happened today . . . or at least nothing worth reading on this here blog of mine, so I thought I would join in on the tradition of so many and post nothing but photos for your viewing pleasure (and because my blog is looking a bit wordy and bland these days). 

The night shots are from Nuit Blanche, a city wide arts event that runs for the entire night in three seperate neighborhoods (a classmate and I went to two of the three).  They have special installations for that night only (ie: a giant disco ball hanging over the Luxembourg Gardens and a lights display along the Pointe Nuef and giant colored luminescent plastic crystals in Notre Dame) and film and theatrical performances . . . all for free.  It was a great night!  I was really impressed with how well behaved the city was!  Parisians really know how to pull off an event.  The day shots were from the Fête du Vandage de Montmatre (The Harvest Festival of Montmatre).  The famous neighborhood of Montmatre was celebrating the harvest of their tiny little vineyard, so we went for the parade and other such festivities.  We were having lunch on the steps of the Sacre Coeur when a news team set up shop and they featured a local pop singer . . . so we were right behind her when they filmed (yes, I have now made it onto the French news!  Or at least you can find me in the crowd if you know where to look).   

So much for making this 'wordless.'




       
       
       
       

3 comments:

Anne from Faraway said...

Hi, I discovered your blog because I was looking for info about living in Niger. We are a Swiss family, living in Bangladesh right now, but on our way to move to Niger (well, this is very likely going to happen next year). I speak French so won't need to spend time learning that terrible language. I love reading your post about how you are learning French. It seems really tough, but French speakers don't really realise it. If you want, we can have more contact through email. All the best for your studies!

Robin said...

I looked but could not find you! I'm glad I didn't hear about Lidl on the news! xoxoxo Mom

Anne from Faraway said...

Hi, I discovered your blog because I was looking for info about living in Niger. We are a Swiss family, living in Bangladesh right now, but on our way to move to Niger (well, this is very likely going to happen next year). I speak French so won't need to spend time learning that terrible language. I love reading your post about how you are learning French. It seems really tough, but French speakers don't really realise it. If you want, we can have more contact through email. All the best for your studies!