24 September 2009

Victory Comes To Those That Try

I've been staring at a blank "new post" screen for 10 minutes.  I know I want to type something, but my left-temporal lobe is trés fatiguée!  Which means that my whole body is, as well.  I think I've spoken more French today than the past three weeks combined!  I know it's good for me, but oy, my brain hurts!

At lunch today I met a new student from Germany.  I was able to introduce myself and tell him where I was from and why I was learning French and what kind of work I'd be doing in Niger.  I asked him similar questions and we actually had a real conversation!  And it was ALL en français!!  WOO HOO!!  Then a little bit later an more advanced student asked me about my family.  I was able to "introduce" her to the members of my family!  I felt like I stumbled through the whole thing, but she reminded me of the first conversation I had with her.  It was entirely in English because three weeks ago I knew nothing

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not going to sound like a native speaker, but I am infact learning and making some bit of headway. 

In church on Sunday one of the passages that was read from the Word of God was Ps. 73.  I was able to recognize verses 25 & 26 . . . two of my favorites:  Whom have I in Heaven but You, and there is none on earth that I desire more than You.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever! 

I know that I am not absorbing some of this language via my own effort.  God is good to me!  I am so thankful that even when I am exhausted He gives me the strength to keep going.

No comments: