29 September 2008

Not my pinhole camera!

So I'm almost done packing up my life. But I've come across my most favorite camera, and I can't bring myself to part with it. But you see, it's an oatmeal canister. Or at least it was in its past life. I built this camera as a project in college. . . but it was my first pinhole camera that I used as a freshman in high school that triggered my interest in photography. And look where that got me!

So parting with this is a bit harder than most. So maybe I'll stick it in some box and after I've lived without it for a few years, parting with it won't feel as depressing. I'm allowed one silly sentimental thing now and again, right?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Keep it!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely allowed one...So someday you can show Brooklyn or your own daughter the pinhole camera you made. :) Praying for you, Deb.
Shal

Deb said...

I think you might even be allowed more than one. ;) That is something that can't be replaced and if you have a place to keep it, do so.

We went through round one of this 'trial', but I'm sure you are finding as we did what a truly freeing process it is also.

Robin said...

Deborah....I hope it's in one of the boxes we brought to Speculator!!!! xoxoxo Mom

Deb said...

Just thought I'd let you know I miss 'reading' you. Hope your are having a bonne journée. Love.

Cindy said...

Keep it!!!