29 August 2008

Iced Coffee, African Style

Those of you who know me, know I love a good cup of coffee. There's nothing like it! In all of my travels, I've had some great coffee. And I've had some not-so-great coffee. But then there's Nescafe, which falls into a category all of it's own (kind of like diner coffee). I love Nescafe, not because it tastes good, but because when I drink it, I'm usually with people that I love and rarely get to see. Nescafe is the taste of friendship-that-picks-up-right-where-we-left-off.

But I'm alone in my flat for siesta (the wonderful time of the day at Galmi when everyone goes home for lunch and a rest before continuing to work until 6pm . . . because it's just too hot to move). And I didn't bring any oganic decaf French Roast with me (mmmm . . . can't you just smell the fresh ground wonderfulness??) . . . so, Nescafe it is.

But I was in the mood for a nice, smooth iced coffee! And since there's no Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks on the corner, I had to be creative.

Iced coffee, African style:
  • 1 part Nescafe
  • 1/2 part sugar
  • 1 part powdered milk
  • 8 parts filtered water
  • 4-6 ice cubes

Stir and enjoy! Mmmm. (You know, if Starbucks never makes it to Galmi, and this OT thing doesn't work out, I may be on to something here.)

No comments: