09 February 2008

So Much for Planning Ahead

If the Bible was a picture book, my portrait would be on the page with Proverbs 16:9!!

Heard from SIM the other day. After receiving the approval from the leadership team in Niger last week, we've been waiting for the thumbs up from the leprosarium in Danja. Turns out they've got an OT coming from Australia, and they don't need two OT's. But (drum roll please) . . . the folks at Galmi Hospital want me instead!!

"The mind of man plans his way. But the Lord directs his steps" (Prov 16:9).
"Many plans are in a man's heart, but teh cousel of the Lord will stand" (Prov 19:21).
"A man's steps are ordained by the Lord, how then can man understand His way?" (Prov 20:24).

HOW TRUE!!! But here's the blessing in all of this. I must say that while I was willing to go wherever the Lord led, I have been praying "Okay, Lord, I'll go, because You know me better than I know myself. If You think I can go to two hours north of The Middle of Nowhere, okay, this will be interesting!" But Galmi hospital is at least in a real village and I hear they have a swimming pool (how's that for streams in the desert!?!).

I also found out that my interview with the SIM board is scheduled for March 10. They decide if I'm in or not. If I'm approved we go ahead as planned. If I'm denied, I come home from SIMCO a week early and wait for the Lord to reveal Plan B (or as a good friend said, "it's more like Plan G at this point"). So that's what I know

No comments: